Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Letting go.

   I've never had to carry anger in my heart for so long. But I think I've out done my self this time?


I am the sort of person who doesn't have time or doesn't care enough to carry anger or malice till dawn.


Most of the time, I just ignore the cause of unnecessary emotion or anger as the case maybe and just move. But, in cases where the subject or cause of my vex is that upsetting, I won't let go until I've told him/her my grievance that way, I feel the steam leave my body and I feel light immediately. It's like magic.




This time around, it's different. I've managed to stay mad at one person for 6 months. Now this is so unhealthy. So unhealthy. But there's really little or nothing I can do about it. I can't vent. I can't vent because the subject of my spine-breaking nerve wrecking venom is no where in sight.
And with all the anger in me when I was slighted, I deleted all forms of communication. All but one. But the circumstance surrounding the event won't let me break the silence and make 1st contact.




Sometimes the anger comes up and I feel like it's choking me. This occurs very rarely. Most a time, I feel indifferent about it. I even forget for long weeks then I feel I've outgrown it. But suddenly, gbam! the almost 60minutes of rage. Okay, I exaggerate maybe 20minutes or less.
The anger can only be doused face-to-face. Like I see the subject, and I feel like the bigger person and I laugh to scorn. Or, I receive an apology. Either way, until I talk about it, then I can let go.
Thank goodness I'm not prone to violence.


Anger chokes the angry party I know.


I know this isn't healthy but my pride is what I am.






Now this piece, isn't supposed to be for my blog. But I write because it helps be breathe. Helps me exhale.


Is there ever a thing like 'forgive and forget'. I mean the forget aspect. Does one ever really and truly FORGET? Does the brain really function that way?
I forgive fast. When I forgive, I let go absolutely. But how can I forget? I don't have amnesia mehn!
Is the forgive part of "forgive and forget" figurative?    

7 comments:

  1. Its good to share and let go. May not be intended for your blog, but still a beautiful read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive and learn from it. Then let it go. Find other positive things to occupy your mind. If its Man Wahala,time heals and u won't remember when a better man comes along.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive and learn from it. Then let it go. Find other positive things to occupy your mind. If its Man Wahala,time heals and u won't remember when a better man comes along.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgive and learn from it. Then let it go. Find other positive things to occupy your mind. If its Man Wahala,time heals and u won't remember when a better man comes along.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's a man - like I suspect - just call him and tell him you still love him(if he is still available). Your anger go just vanish, trust me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anger is a very strong emotion, we all feel at one time in our lives, the difference is how we react to it. Through time letting go has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all get angry at one point or the other,to express your annoyance is a sure way to free yourself.D more you suppress it d longer you stay angry.You may not necessarily express it when you see the person,sharing your experience with friends that care,who would help offer some advice can help a whole lot.Whatever or whoever keeps you angry has defeated you...Try laughing at d person when he/she is in sight,it's fun!

    ReplyDelete